Christmas : ‘Running Legs’ Gingerbread Man Paper Finger Puppets
Free Printable Paper Puppets!
‘Running Legs’ Gingerbread Man Finger Puppets
Small and large sizes for kids and adults
By Chris Dunmire
Parents and teachers: Make the classic Gingerbread Man story come alive and animated using these fun finger puppets! After cutting out and assembling the puppet, stick your fingers through the leg hole to create the Gingerbread Man’s two “running” legs!
Group Story Time Suggestion: Read the Gingerbread Man story while having one child (or adult) mimic the clever cookie’s running legs with a puppet each time he says, “Run, run, as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man!” After story time is over, give each child a puppet to cut out and play with.
If you'd like more creative ideas using puppets with kids, be sure to see Abby Connors' inspiring article: The Secret (and Very Creative) Life of Puppets.
Project Materials & Tools:
Puppet Assembly Instructions:
1. Print puppet cutout PDF page on paper or card stock.
2. Cut puppet body and leg hole out along cut line.
3. Fold puppet back at fold line.
4. Stick fingers (index and middle) through leg hole.
5. Optional: Apply double-sided tape to back of puppet’s body and stick to back of hand to hold in place. •
© 2010 Chris Dunmire. All rights reserved.
About the Author | More by Chris Dunmire